Father’s Day is rolling around and it’s time to start planning! It’s such a wonderful day to show fathers how much they are appreciated and loved, and there’s no better way to do that than through a homemade gift or a heartfelt act of service. Here are some loving ways to show the fathers in your life that they are appreciated:
- Homemade Card
Homemade cards are a big hit for all ages. They can be folded into fun origami shapes, personalized in a number of ways, and decorated in every artistic way imaginable. Sometimes the hardest thing to come up with is what to say, so here are a few ideas:
- Fold some card stock in half, and have your child or children draw themselves on the card. Use googly eyes for their eyes and write;
“Dad, We are watching you to learn from what you do. Thanks for giving us such a great role model, we hope to be just like you!” and have them sign their names.
- For small children, help them put their handprints and footprints on the card in their favorite color. Let the paint dry and then they can color on the rest of the card. You could write, “From my fingers down to my toe, I love you with everything I have and I want you to know!” and help them write their names
- Personalized Gifts
- A key chain, watch, with the children’s finger print(s) engraved on it.
- A wallet clip with his name on it
- A homemade fleece blanket.
- A drink mug with his name on it
- Acts of service
- Clean the house
- Clean the garage
- Detail the car
- Mow and weed the lawn
- Weed the garden
- Cook a meal
Whatever you and your children choose, make sure you plan ahead so that by Father’s Day you are prepared and you don’t feel stressed.
- Make sure you know his plans for the day before you begin making any.
- Make restaurant reservations as soon as possible if you plan to go out.
- Order any items you may need in time for the day early so that they arrive on time.
- Organize time to create any homemade items to ensure they aren’t made last minute.
Let us know how you decided to celebrate in the comments.
Have a Happy Father’s Day!